Thursday, November 18, 2010

There's something about Bettie



Bettie Paige is one of my favorite naughty retro icons. She is the classic story (along with Marilyn Monroe) of a girl next door gone deliciously bad. She even worked in the San Francisco and visited Haiti for a while. She changed pin-up game. Period.

Here are a few of my favorite Bettie things:

Bettie Paige Stores
1529 Haight Street
San Franciso, CA
www.bettiepageclothing.com


I visited the Vegas store last year and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Every piece of clothing I saw was made for my curves. I spotted and tried on a leopard cocktail dress as well as some smokin' leopard pumps. The store also featured 50's style accessories, lingere, and purses. I will be making a MANDATORY trip to this store before year's end.



The Bettie Page Films by Cult Epics

This dvd is not for the faint of heart. It is an absolutely must-have collection of Bettie's treasured naughty films. Rare footage of her fetish, dance and wrestling films stimulate the senses. Perfect for an artsy, romantic evening with the significant other.

Bettie Inspired Makeup

I wore this look for Halloween in San Francisco a few years ago. I was a sexy purple-wigged dominatrix. Loved it!



Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment