Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Hair Staples: The Current Lineup




Hello! My name is Bitty Boss and I am a recovering hair product junkie.

It took me a while to get out of the temporary insanity of product junkyism. I was filled with pure, heart-racing glee when I would go to the beauty supply or any large department store. After a year of experimentation, throwing tubes of products at the wall, and deep conditioning more than I have ever done in my life, I am finally becoming in sync with my hair and what it needs. It may sound like a lot, but I am a mixtress at heart.

Pre-poo (a treatment done on your hair before you shampoo to prevent dryness): Grapeseed oil and a cheap-o conditioner

Shampoos:

Clarifying - Giovanni 50:50 Balancing Moisturizing. Strips gunk off the hair without sulfates

Moisturizing- I gotta admit, I'm still on the search for a great moisturizing shampoo, but I am currently using diluted Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Aloe. I add a little tea tree oil. It is great for itchy scalp due to its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. I am considering apple cider vinegar as a light cleanser.

Conditioners :

Most V05 conditioners work for me, as I have fine hair. I use the Split Ends, Volumizing, all of the Moisture Milks for detangling and pre-poo mixes.

Deep Conditioners:

Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing treatment - This is a great treatment for rollersetting.

Silicon Mix - This is a fabulous conditioner from the Dominican Republic that I use when I roller set or straighten my hair. Smells great too.

Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment - SUPER moisturized hair.

Joico Moisture Remedy Treatment Balm - I usually dilute this because it is soo thick. It contains nourishing exotic oils and extracts.

Edible stuff I add to my treatments - Various combinations of coconut milk/cream, moisturizng oils, kokum or shea butter, eggs, honey (my love), bananas, sour cream, lemon juice, and much more. Sounds yummy, huh?

Leave ins:

Only one has completely stolen my heart: Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning Creme. I love this stuff! It's chocked full of herbal extracts and it's nice and creamy. Dreamy creamy. When I ever run out, I will use my old stand-by, Trader Joes Nourish Spa Moisturizng Conditioner.

Hair Spa Time:

I do tea hair rinses and ayurvedic treatments/herbs (henna, amla, maka, brahmi powders) once a month or when I have time.

Pics of my hair after using these products:





What are some of your hair staples?

No comments:

Post a Comment